We congratulate our scholars of the Class of 2020 and their parents on their fine achievements in the 2020 IEB matric examinations − their resilience, perseverance and hard work saw them through despite a trying year. Once again all our scholars matriculated, 16 with bachelor degree and 2 with diploma level passes. Dux of our school Paul Tönsing achieved 9 distinctions, including Advanced Programme Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, English Home Language and a remarkable 100% for German Second Additional Language. Distinctions were also achieved by Jarmin Claassen (3), Philip Lütge (3), Jemma Hayward (2), Naseeha Mahomed (2), Sven Meyer (2) and Kirsten Rabe (2), and a number of others who each achieved a distinction in a subject. We thank all our scholars’ parents for their support and encouragement, and all the teachers who taught them through the years, helping them towards achieving this goal.
- We have loved the individual attention that each child receives due to the small size of the school. Plus the lovely farm, community feel and the wonderfully manicured grounds.
- At Hermannsburg I know that it doesn’t matter if my children are straight-A students, or just ‘regular kids’ – they will still be nurtured and guided to be the best that they can be. With our school ranging all the way from Kindergarten to Matric, I have always loved seeing how the older children care for and help the little ones; but what I love most about Hermannsburg is the lack of snobbery and pretentiousness – it does not matter whether you’re part of the ‘haves’ or the have-nots’, you are treated the same. Those are the kinds of values I want instilled in my children by their school
- HERMANNSBURG SCHOLARS START THE YEAR TOGETHER
- HERMANNSBURG’S LITTLE OAKS’ ORACLE – WE’RE BACK AT SCHOOL
- HERMANNSBURG CONGRATULATES THE CLASS OF 2021