The Penrose Golf Academy
Based at St Cathryn’s Golf Course near Greytown, the Penrose Golf Academy aims to develop the skills and enthusiasm of junior golfers, within a fun, safe and relaxed environment. Clinics and lessons are offered to Hermannsburg scholars free of charge.
Penrose Golf Academy started as an initiative of Mr Zola Mkumla, a shareholder in and former student of Hermannsburg School. His vision was to offer students of the school the opportunity to learn and develop in the game of golf, as he is a firm believer that the sport offers young people a number of opportunities for growth and for success in later life.
With the backing of Mr Mkumla, the Academy was started by Marc Alexander and his colleague, Ryan Kimber, who are both PGA professionals and are passionate about sharing their knowledge, skills and enthusiasm for golf with young people.
All lessons are facilitated by fully-qualified PGA professionals.
Based at St Cathryn’s Golf Course near Greytown, KwaZulu-Natal, they offer golf clinics and lessons to scholars from the Midlands to the North Coast.
All equipment is provided by the Academy.
All Hermannsburg students who join the Academy’s coaching programme have the opportunity to receive lessons and join coaching clinics at no extra charge.
Lessons for Hermannsburg Scholars
– Golf lessons to the value of around R16,800 per student per year
– Lessons facilitated by two fully-qualified PGA professionals
– All equipment is provided by the Academy
– Transport to and from the practice facility is provided
– Shirts, caps and gloves for all Academy students, sponsored by the Academy
– All Academy students have a sponsored membership at St Cathryn’s Country Golf Estate
Visit The Penrose Golf Academy Website